Youth and Elderly Services
School and Summer Food Service
- Action for Healthy Kids is a public-private partnership of more than 50 national organizations and government agencies representing education, health, fitness and nutrition. Addresses the epidemic of overweight, sedentary, and undernourished youth by focusing on changes in schools.
- USDA Summer Food Service Program is a federal resource available for local sponsors to combine a feeding program with a summer activity program. Includes program and administration information, eligibility guidelines, best practices, sponsors, and local state agency contact information.
- Texas Association for School Nutrition is a professional organization for all levels of school food service employees established to provide resources that enhance and promote nonprofit child nutrition programs for the benefit of schoolchildren. Information on certification, education, and employment opportunities available.
- Elder Options of Texas makes it easier for caregivers, healthcare professionals, and seniors to locate housing options, elder care resources, and community support services. A searchable database of senior programs, articles, nutrition links, and a calendar of events are available.
- Meals on Wheels Association of America is the oldest and largest organization in the United States representing those who provide meal services to the elderly. The Association provides education, training, and development opportunities, enabling its members to provide quality nutrition services and programs to the elderly. Includes fact sheets on aging and nutrition issues, hunger FAQs, and Meals on Wheels locator.
- MealCall lists meal organizations by city in Texas that provide meals to seniors.
- Catholic Charities of Central Texas provides a benefits check-up link. This program is intended for the older adult (55 and over) consumer with information on federal and state level benefits that may enhance their economic status, social well-being, and health.
- New LifeStyles is an online resource for senior living and care options.