Community Action Agencies – Corporate Membership
Texas Community Action Agencies (and other CSBG entities) share a common goal: to end poverty. With this task at hand, it is no surprise that Community Action Agencies lack the time and resources to devote to building a cohesive voice for Community Action. Still, the presence of such a voice is necessary in order to create lasting change. United, Community Action Agencies can ensure that the public and decision makers are aware of the needs of low income Texans, as well as Community Action’s positive impact. TACAA exists to further this cause.
TACAA’s mission is to provide a unified voice for Community Action Agencies on advocacy, policy, programmatic, and legislative issues. We serve as an advocate for Community Action Agencies on the state, regional, and national levels. We do this through policy analysis and recommendations, capacity-building, training and technical assistance, public relations efforts on behalf of Community Action, and more. Annual membership dues allow TACAA to provide these services so that Community Action Agencies are able to focus on helping people and changing lives.
TACAA membership also provides Community Action Agencies with the invaluable opportunity to network with and learn from each other at board meetings, conferences, and training events.
Annual dues for corporate members are determined by the previous year’s Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) allocation to the organization.
|CSBG Allocation||Annual Dues|
Corporate members enjoy the following benefits:
- The Executive Director (or a designated alternate) is entitled to a seat on the TACAA Board of Directors. Individual membership is also required of all board members.
- Staff members may serve on the TACAA Board of Directors and committees, provided they are individual members.
- Reduced conference rates for board members and employees of corporate members, provided the attendees are also individual members.
- Regular e-updates, which include funding and training opportunities, announcements, and information relevant to Community Action Agencies.
To request a corporate membership application, please email the TACAA office or call (512) 462-2555, ext. 203.
Other nonprofit organizations – Affiliate Membership
Nonprofit organizations all across Texas fight to end poverty in different ways. Each organization serves the specific needs of its community, but together, we can make an even greater difference in the lives of low income Texans. Through partnership, we can learn from each other, improve service delivery, and create sustainable change across our state.
Join TACAA to become part of our network of anti-poverty organizations across Texas.
Becoming a member
Affiliate member dues are $400 per year.
Nonprofit organizations must apply and gain approval of TACAA’s Board of Directors. Renewing affiliate members must submit an application annually. To request an affiliate membership application, please email the TACAA office or call (512) 462-2555, ext. 203.
Affiliate members enjoy the following benefits:
- Reduced registration rates for TACAA conferences, provided the attendees are also individual members.
- Opportunity to address the Board of Directors about mutual initiatives or concerns.
- Regular e-updates, which include funding and training opportunities, announcements, and information relative to Community Action.
For-profit companies – Associate Membership
If your company aims to positively impact your community, consider joining TACAA as an associate member. Not only will you demonstrate your support for the Community Action mission to end poverty, but you will also have the opportunity to network with representatives from Community Action Agencies all over Texas.
Becoming a member
Associate member dues are $500 per year.
In order to become a member, for-profit companies must apply and gain approval of the Board of Directors. Renewing associate members must submit an application annually. To request an associate membership application, please email the TACAA office or call (512) 462-2555, ext. 203.
Associate members enjoy the following benefits:
- A directory of Texas Community Action Agencies.
- Complimentary exhibit table at TACAA conferences.
- Other informational mailings relevant to Community Action.