Advocacy and Legislative Issues
- Action Against Hunger directly delivers emergency aid and longer-term assistance to people suffering from the dire consequences of natural disaster or man-made crisis. News, hunger FAQs, research, events, publications, and anti-hunger resources are available.
- Bread for the World utilizes elected officials to influence legislation that affects people who are hungry. The focus of the organization is to use power held by citizens to support policies that address the root causes of hunger and poverty.
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is a nonpartisan research organization and policy institute that conducts research and analysis on a range of government policies and programs, with an emphasis on those affecting low- and moderate-income people.
- Coalition on Human Needs is an alliance of national organizations working together to promote public policies that address the needs of low-income populations. CHN shares information, enabling organizations to work together to raise awareness about issues affecting vulnerable populations of our country.
- Food First: Institute for Food and Development Policy produces books, reports, articles, films, electronic media, and curricula, interviews, lectures, workshops, and academic courses for the public, policy makers, activists, the media, students, educators, and researchers; participates in activist coalitions and furnishes analyses, arguments and action plans; and runs numerous domestic and international programs.
- Food Research and Action Center is a leading national organization working to improve public policies to eradicate hunger in the United States serving as the hub of an anti-hunger network of thousands of individuals and agencies across the country.
- RESULTS is a nonprofit grassroots advocacy organization, committed to creating the political will to end hunger and the worst aspects of poverty. RESULTS Educational Fund is committed to educating the public, the media, and leaders about issues related to poverty and hunger in the United States and abroad.
- Center for Public Policy Priorities is a non-partisan, nonprofit policy research organization committed to improving public policies and private practices that influence the economic and social prospects and conditions of individuals, families, and communities in Texas. Site provides reports and legislative testimony on child well-being, state budget and taxes, workforce and economic development, welfare reform, health policy, food and nutrition, child care, program access, administration and delivery, and criminal justice.